[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:42:41 -0400

    JWB> I think the issue is larger than just mailing lists:
    JWB> SMTP-based email will be unusable soon.  The replacement will
    JWB> be something permission based with electronic signatures
    JWB> involved, and some TMDA-like way to get started conversing
    JWB> with someone.

As mentioned before, SpamAssassin has gone a long way to making our
python.org and zope.org addresses usable again.  In fact, many of us
are forwarding our mail /through/ python.org just so we don't have to
install SA on our own machines. :)

I'd really like to believe that a PKI based approach will work some
day but I just seriously doubt it.  It doesn't pass the "my mom can
use it" test and I don't think it ever will.

skeptical-ly y'rs,
-Barry