[Mailman-Developers] Re: First big Mailing

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 01:21:36 -0500

    MP> I'm doing my first big mailing with Mailman/Exim to deliver
    MP> effector for the Electronic Frontier Foundation. The list is
    MP> about 20,000 names.

A good cause, for sure.

    MP> During this time I saw a number of errors. Messages indicating
    MP> the I had too many files open (running tail on the exim
    MP> logs). A few messages that looked like something couldn't open
    MP> something.db or something like that.

Two things are critical before we can move forward: we need to know
what versions of the various bits of software you're running (and that
includes OS, Python, Mailman, and Exim), and we need to see those
tracebacks.  Feel free to send along excerpts from logs/error and any
Exim syslog entries that are relevant.

-Barry