[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Zest-devel] Re: Pipermail replacement? Zest!

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen@xemacs.org
27 Feb 2002 10:57:51 +0900

    David> On 2002.02.26, in
    David> <20020226132634.43759@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us>,
    David> 	"Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
    >> ... and a generic web search engine, running locally on that
    >> machine, with access to the messages, will serve that purpose
    >> fine, and can still be hidden behind whatever authentication
    >> you like.

    David> Maybe I'm simply unaware of the generic web search engines
    David> that will run on my web server

Er, all of them?  Search engines don't do authentication, webservers
do.  Or at the very least, webservers can do enough kinds of
authentication that you should be able to find one you like.

  Think orthogonal.  Think freedom from .OCTOPUS.  Not as hard as you think.