[Mailman-Developers] current snapshot install...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:51:36 -0500

    RJ> I'd imagine upwards of 90% of systems out there have gunzip.
    RJ> Or maybe just use gzip -d.  It would, however, add another
    RJ> required component, and this one just for one itty bit of the
    RJ> install.  Honestly, since you're distributing everything as a
    RJ> compressed tarball already, do really need to also compress
    RJ> email?  Just ship it as a straight tar, or, better yet, ship
    RJ> it as an untarred tree...

It's handy because distutils creates the tarball for me.  We don't
/have/ to do it this way, but it's the easiest thing, so until it's
proven broken...

    RJ> Ah.  I didn't study the actual makefile commands far enough to
    RJ> notice that.  I just the the "grumble grumble what in hell are
    RJ> you doing barry grumble grumble" comment out the offending
    RJ> part command... :-)

Ah c'mon now, I'd never lead /you/ astray, Ron.  At least not until I
cash that $5000 check you sent me <wink>.

-Barry