[Mailman-Developers] more snapshot woes...

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:46:31 -0500

At 03:25 PM 2/25/02 -0500, you wrote:

>    RJ> I love playing catchup after a long hiatus :-)...
>
>Fun, ain't it? :)
>
>    RJ> Seems like somethings out of sync here... While doing the make
>    RJ> install, update appears to blow chunks, because of
>    RJ> PortableUnixMailbox..
>
>Shite.  Be sure you're using at least Python 2.1.  I think this will
>be a requirement.  Py2.0 is getting pretty long in the teeth (yes, yet
>another reason to get MM2.1 out the freakin' door asap!).

Ahhh.  Yet another python upgrade just for mailman :-).  Yup, still running
2.0... Ok, time to shelve mailman for a bit while we go hunt down python 2.1,
and remember all the things we had to beat on to make it work the first time
(since python has *never* compiled the way I want it the first time, not
being on a linux box... Sigh.)

Will 2.0* run fine on python 2.1?  I'll probably upgrade my production machines
python sooner, rather than later, if I'm going to need to be doing it.

BTW, install or update probably should note that the user has a installed
Mailman/pythonlib and delete the apps, before that bites someone on the
ass.  Or at least make a note in the upgrade instructions to go do it yourself.