[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on postedaddresses...

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:41:15 -0500

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 06:58:33PM -0500, Damien Morton wrote:
> Anyone have any idea how I set X-No-archive on all emails being sent to
> a mailman list?
>
> Im using Outlook 2002. As far as I know there is no ability to access
> internet headers in Outlook 2002 without the use of unusual COM objects
> to get at extended MAPI properties.

First, get a real email program.  :-)

Secondly, if Piper implements this the same way that Google does, you
can put it in as the first line of the body, starting in column 1,
followed by an (additional) blank line, and it will still take effect.

Of course, it's pretty much immaterial, since if someome quotes you,
*their* message may not have the header.

Are we beginning to understand the scope of this issue?  :-)_

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")