[Mailman-Developers] Re: Interesting study -- spam on postedaddresses...

David Champion dgc@uchicago.edu
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:21:56 -0600

On 2002.02.18, in <Pine.LNX.4.33.0202181446580.30163-100000@meo.evolt.org>,
	"Daniel J. Cody" <djc@members.evolt.org> wrote:
> Speaking of tradeoffs, it's my opinion that hiding archives behind a
> password protection scheme for fear that the administrator, who probably
> deals with oodles of email anyways and is probably the *most* experienced
> person in regards to email filtering etc, is a poor one.

I think you left something out there -- for fear that the administrator
what? :)

Anyway, I wish I had your admins. My admins are just like my
subscribers: most of them are ordinary users, and a few are somewhat
knowledgeable of the technology. And I expect this to become more
common as Mailman grows more popular and "more de facto", if that means
anything.

--
 -D.	dgc@uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago
 Colons and slashes and dots, oh my!