[Mailman-Developers] Maildir delivery

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:09:17 -0400

    DB> Sounds nice to me, though I hope this is something you will
    DB> add in MM2.2 (or 3.0 if there never is a 2.2 ;). Because 2.1
    DB> _really_ should go out the door Real Soon(tm). ;)

I know.  I /will/ release a new beta today, no matter what (famous
last words ;).

    DB> Maybe using Maildir will make it easier to fully support
    DB> virtual domains in the future? i.e. two lists having the same
    DB> name but different domains? This is a feature I'm really
    DB> waiting for in the next version.  (And I'm sure I'm not the
    DB> only one..)

It might help, but it's not the only thing.  At the least, the domain
needs to be encoded in the filesystem location of the config.pck file
so that all lists don't just live in the same lists/ directory.  There
may be more internal changes necessary, and of course, sticking all
the data in a database wouldn't hurt. :)

But yes, 2.2 or 3.0.

-Barry