[Mailman-Developers] Re-use of private archive cookies

Forrest Aldrich forrie@forrie.com
Sun, 07 Apr 2002 14:26:10 -0400

For one of the lists I manage, I would like to provide an accompanying
"file repository" archive.

Instead of putting up a separate directory with an .htaccess/.htpasswd
combination, I thought it might be reasonable to add a radio button to the
authentication page (where the user enters his email address and password)
to optionally access that repository.

The goal being that once someone authenticated there, the same cookie could
be used.  And thus it would expire similarly.   It's otherwise cumbersome
to dig the config.db to get passwords and then enter them into .htpasswd.

This might require some scripting for the document repository, I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I wondered if someone had considered this as a feature or had
otherwise implemented it.    Yes, someone could just "post" documents to
the list, but that could be cumbersome when there are many threads to consider.

Thanks alot,

Forrest