[Mailman-Developers] Notifications for bug reports and patches

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen@xemacs.org
29 Apr 2002 12:04:13 +0900

    BAW> Currently the SourceForge bug and patch trackers for the
    BAW> Mailman project are set to send messages to
    BAW> mailman-cabal@python.org

    BAW> I'm wondering if it would be useful to redirect those
    BAW> messages to mailman-developers.

XEmacs did this when we realized (wea maxima culpa) that _everybody_
had the bugtrack messages redirected to /dev/null.

It's not really optimal, but we didn't get any complaints that I can
remember.  The non-developer beta testers don't seem to mind either,
the few comments I've seen seem to agree that hearing about bugs and
crashes, even for "ancient" versions, is preferable to missing even a
few current or possibly still current bugs.  I wasn't postmaster then
so I can't say whether we got any unsubs.