[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Re: Editability of messages

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:44:58 -0700

At 18:04 -0400 4/19/2002, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>specifically, we seem to exhaust our open file limit about every 3rd
>or 4th day.
>It's disturbing and
>we'll have to do something about it, although hopefully not as drastic
>as reverting to Exim3.  I'm just wondering if any other Exim4 users
>are seeing similar problems.

We haven't moved to either Mailman 2.1 or Exim 4 (on the Mailman machine) yet.

But...we are seeing a Python-based web dynamic page server (not
Zope...in-house) leaving open files behind with a fairly new Python.

We've temporized by having a monitor which does a suitable
lsof
and counts the relevant open files...killing and restarting that server
when the count reaches 1000.

I'll pass along to the (really sharp) guy who is working on that problem
that you're seeing something at least vaguely similar.  We've been
operating on the theory that the problem is in our code, but...perhaps not?

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA