[Mailman-Developers] Stripping binaries attachments

Dan Mick dmick@utopia.west.sun.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:29:09 -0700

Dan Mick wrote:

> > Sorry, I sent the mail to wrong list...
> > Shame on me :(
>
> Well, probably not, if you're using 2.1a4.  I should have asked.

> > Read, but I'm using 2.1a4 and I'm not sure if all the hints cover that version.
>
> Except for 2.1-latest's penchant for saving messages as pickles, rather than plain
> text.  But you can turn that off with a switch inside the module, whose name
> I forget right at the moment.  Barry, given that people seem to often want to
> edit these messages, is it really a good idea to save them as non-plain-text?

Argh.  This had nothing to do with Gian Franco's question, but it's still a
valid concern.

For the question of HTML stripping, I think Mailman 2.1 only provides "archive
stripping" by default.  I use, and am happy with, demime.