[Mailman-Developers] no such file config.pck updating to 2.1b1

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:09:50 -0500

    GK> I am trying to update from 2.1a2 to 2.1b1 (on a SUN Sparc
    GK> Solaris7 machine), unfortunately with some hundreds of users
    GK> waiting.  When I updated python from 1.5.2 to 2.2.1c1, mailman
    GK> 2.1a2 broke immediately with "ImportError: No module named
    GK> mimelib.Parser".

Not surprising.  Until recently, the email package was installed in
your Python's site-library, which changes with each Python version.
MM2.1b1 fixes this.

    GK> The installation of 2.1b1 abended in the
    GK> Makefile of the bin subdirectory with a syntax error on
    |       for f in $(NONSCRIPTS); \
    |       do \
    |           $(INSTALL) -m $(FILEMODE) $$f $(SCRIPTSDIR); \
    |       done; \
    |       fi
    GK> because "NONSCRIPTS= ". After I commented these lines out the
    GK> installation continued but stopped in bin/update with the line

Fixed in CVS.

    GK> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
    GK> '/h/mailman/lists/test/config.pck'

    GK> because the configuration is stored as config.db.

    GK> How do I convert the config.db to config.pck ?

You don't.  While the error message is misleading, your config.db file
will be automatically updated to config.pck the first time you load
your list (via web, qrunner, or command line script).

-Barry