[Mailman-Developers] New Pipermail hacks (was Re: Ok, it works! ...)

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
29 Oct 2001 10:47:10 +0000

On Sat, 2001-10-27 at 03:43, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Don't worry, we're not talking about a directory for each attachment,
> but a directory for each message with an attachment.  Hmm, maybe we
> /should/ worry!  32k messages with attachments sure doesn't seem all
> that many.

Or are the message attachment directories within the normal per-period
archive directories?  In that case you would have a limit of 16K
messages with attachments per archive period and presumably if you have
busy lists you decrease the archive period accordingly (ie for the exim
lists I rotate the archives weekly).

	Nigel.