[Mailman-Developers] handling duplicate mails

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:31:21 -0400

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 01:17:24AM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=6693&group_id=1
> (second paragraph of "So what does this mean for the list users?"

I will.

> > If I was on a list, and got copies of messages to me that were *not*
> > also carboned to me, but did *not* get messages from the list which it
> > "noticed" *were* carboned to me as well, *I* would assume the list
> > wasn't reliable, and I suspect I'm not alone.
>
> That was already answered, but again, the patch makes it a per user option.

Which is fine, with me.

> > People who get duplicate copies because senders don't understand how to
> > deal with mailing lists, or who won't switch to a *mailer* that
> > understands how to deal with mailing lists, should have the pain of the
> > recipients we're trying to protect here transferred to *them*.
>
> Can I have you answer  the Sourceforge tickets^H^H^H^H^H^Hflames from people
> who are telling  me that their life  absolutely ends if they  can't have the
> reply-to munging on their list? :-&

You *bet*.  With a copy of Chip's paper clutched firmly in my hand.  I
*love* larting morons.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "Usenet: it's enough to make you loose your mind."
     -- me