[Mailman-Developers] Bounce detection

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:37:34 -0500

    B> Just got another 40+ bounces that the 2.0.6 bounce handlers
    B> didn't pick up... There was nothing in the logs during the time
    B> I got some of the bounces, yet it does pick up on others.

    B> I suspect it's a simple string matching issue.  Looked in
    B> Mailman/Bouncers, but I don't immediately see the method or
    B> order of what modules are run.  What is the first module
    B> called?  Barry?

Check out BouncerAPI.py, in the ScanMessages() function.  You should
see the pipeline local variable which contains the list -- in order --
of the bounce detectors that are run.

BTW, when running BouncerAPI.py as a script, it provides a very crude
form of bouncer testing.  Run it from the installed location and give
it a list of message files to scan.  It'll tell you what addresses it
was able to pick out, and which detector did the match.

-Barry