[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-checkins] CVS: mailman/messages Makefile.in,2.1,2.2

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 14:48:29 -0400

I had some mail outages over the weekend so I didn't see the original
message in this thread (I may still get it).  Checking the archive
though, it appears that there are complaints about GNU-make-isms in
the message/Makefile{,.in}.

My intent is to indeed check in all the generated files, so that
normally no one would ever have to run "make catalogs".  My intention
is that I would run those when the mailman.pot file needed updating,
or when I got new translations and wanted to update the various
language .po files.

So, I'm not concerned about GNU-make-isms for "make catalogs".  That's
why "make all" and "make install" don't depend on any of the generated
files.  I should probably add a comment to the top of
messages/Makefile.in just saying that "make catalogs" requires GNU
make.

-Barry