[Mailman-Developers] ANNOUNCE Mailman 2.0.5

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Wed, 9 May 2001 10:43:04 -0700

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 12:24:16PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've just released Mailman 2.0.5 which fixes a problem with stale lock
> files that can occur under certain situations when the user hits the
> `Stop' button on their browser.  These stale lock files can cause
> mailing lists to be inaccessible for long periods of time (until the
> stale lock file times out or is manually removed).

I just noticed this in my locks directory:
usw-sf-list1:/var/local/mailman/bin# l ../locks/
total 24
drwxrwsr-x    2 mailman  mailman     16384 May  9 10:40 ./
drwxrwsr-x   21 mailman  mailman      4096 Apr 10 15:06 ../
-rw-rw-r--    1 mailman  mailman        59 May  7 05:42 jboss-user.lock.usw-sf-list1.26443
usw-sf-list1:/var/local/mailman/bin#
(prcoss 26443 doesn't exist obviously)

Note that this is not bad because  it doesn't keep the list locked. There is
probably a small race in the removal of the temporary lockfile that you link
to though.

I'll delete this one and see if others pop up over time.

Marc