[Mailman-Developers] empty digests

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 1 May 2001 10:41:21 +0200

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 01:23:41PM +0200, Ricardo Kustner wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 12:33:24PM +0200, Ricardo Kustner wrote:

> > Anyway my point is that now I'm getting some complaints from members about
> > receiving empty digests (it only says the number of posts which should be in
> > there) I'm not sure yet what they are missing but I was wondering if I
> > could have messed things about by interrupting the process w/o a m.Save()?

> uh oh please don't tell me that when mailman sends out digests, they travel through the
> /etc/aliases addresses cause that would mean a neat little perl script I
> use filters out the MIME digests... :( [I really need this script to keep
> the digests clean from garbage)... hmm on the other hand it could also be
> that the digests are handled directly by qrunner so they won't go through
> the filter so that wouldn't explain the problems...

It depends on the delivery method you chose. If you use the Sendmail module,
it'll probably pass it through /etc/aliases. If you use the SMTP module and
the localhost as delivery point, it'll pass through /etc/aliases too. It's
damned easy to test, though: disable the filter, make a new digest list,
subscribe yourself to it, and mail ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>