[Mailman-Developers] Mailman + DB

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:42:57 +0100

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:17:54AM -0500, Chris Ryan wrote:
> 	With that in mind I'm suggesting the development of a standard data
> containment method that would encapsulate the data. Then data source
> containers can be developed and deployed for any storage method that
> some could use such as PostgreSQL, ZopeDB, flat file, etc. I will be
> working on this definition, hopefully with your input, and develop the
> first instance using the current storage method. Once that has been done
> and Mailman modified to use it then future data sources should be easy
> to add.

What about putting your ideas in the MailmanDesignNotes ZWikiPage? Hopefully
this will make it easier for the other developers to comment on it and suggest
changes...
The link for the "CentralizedUserDatabase" on Mailman's ZWikiPage is at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/bwarsaw/MailmanDesignNotes/FrontPage/editform?page=CentralizedUserDatabase
(you only need to have an account on zope.org and then you can edit the pages as you
like)

--
Regards,

Ricardo