[Mailman-Developers] Splitting -owner and -admin handling

Jeb Bateman jeb@ocha.net
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:22:45 -0600

I support option 1) with backward compatability and To: parsing (with
Bcc's being processed in the admin queue, since the current system
works), plus an optional feature for enabling # 3) as J C pointed out
to turn off parsing and tune performance; especially since having a
-bounce alias would also be natural for reliable bounce handling
sender addresses sometime... <list-bounce-foo=bar.com@lists.net>

Thus, no alias changes are necessary, but -bounce aliases *can* be
added site-wide for performance.  Existing installations could have
the -bounce alias option turned off by default, and new installations
can have it turned on in Defaults.py.

I think it's too confusing to do option 2) since it makes a technical
distinction between two things which were understood by users and
admins to be exactly the same for a long time, and I think the
necessary alias changes would be more confusing as well.

Regards,
-jeb

PS: This method would not break existing users setups by default, but
would allow a site admin to do so, and deal with the complaints ;-)