[Mailman-Developers] Splitting -owner and -admin handling

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 10:51:47 +0200

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 01:41:32PM -0700, claw@kanga.nu wrote:

> And a third:

>   3) Remove bounce processing from -admin and move it to its own
>   -bounce address.

> I prefer this approach.  The insertion of a management point (via
> the new address) adds all sorts of new capabilities (eg process
> deferment, dedicated bounce processor nodes, customised bounce
> processing (eg integration with other external systems such as CRM
> or billing), etc etc.  The pain is that extant installations would
> have to add the new alias/MTA config as part of their upgrade.

> That's an acceptable upgrade cost.

No.... Currently, the Sender and Return-Path headers (or the 'From ' header,
if you wish) get set to list-admin, not list-bounce. Changing it to
list-bounce will screw up every one of my mailman-list-filters, and I'm not
the only one doing that ;P

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>