[Mailman-Developers] Re: To VERP or not to VERP?

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 21:46:02 -0700

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 09:53:28 -0700
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, June 17, 2001, at 09:39 AM, J C Lawrence wrote:

>> Exim for instance will defer deliveries if more than N messages
>> are received in a single connection.  As a result, you typically
>> get no outbound deliveries going on during a qrunner broadcast.

> IMHO, I consider that seriously broken.

It can also be viewed as an advantage.  Given a large inbound mail
load, Exim throttles itself to try and be maximally
available/responsive for any other large mail events that might
happen synchronously.  This is a seemingly fairly standard
philosophy of Exim's: Make sure you can always play nice.

> Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

Neither did I.

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows