[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Re: MIME messages

Norbert Bollow nb@thinkcoach.com
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 13:54:58 +0200

J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> wrote:
> There's also the small fact that the environment one is integrating
> into may be (is in my case) Zope unfriendly.  Requiring Zope would
> require me to move away from other designs I'd much rather not.

Yes.  Zope should not be _required_, but I think it is not a
problem if some changes like e.g. replacing template texts
require shell access unless you have Zope.

BTW I don't think that Mailman should be married to Zope in any
way.  When another (Free Software) application server framework
becomes very popular, I think it would be good for Mailman to be
compatible with framework, too.  The choice of application
server framework (if any) would be an installation-time
configuration option.

Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> had written:
> > The default should be simple and straightforward -- and the key is
> > to build interfaces and APIs that allow users to plug in
> > replacement modules for functionality...

Greetings, Norbert.

Tel +41 1 972 20 59     Fax +41 1 972 20 69      nb@freedevelopers.net