[Mailman-Developers] archives dissapeared?

Bill Bradford mrbill@mrbill.net
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:24:33 -0500

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 10:12:46AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Hrm, all of a sudden, my archive pages arent coming up:
> http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/sunhelp/
> gives a blank screen.. but the files are there:
<snip>
> and here's the page that the browser gets:
> <HTML><HEAD>
><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
> <BODY></BODY></HTML>
> Any suggestions?

Figured it out.  Even if you've got Defaults.py set to not do mbox-archiving
(and only html archiving), you still *have to have the
archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file present*, or the
index.html wont be generated properly.  I touch'ed all the needed
directories and files, sent a mail through to each list, and the
archives are showing up again.

Is this a bug or a feature? 8-)

Bill

--