[Mailman-Developers] Please Explain !!!

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:40:53 -0700

--B_3078139253_532635

On 7/16/01 2:30 PM, "Simon Troup" <simon.troup@digitalmusicart.com> wrote:

> Can anyone please explain why, after joining the Mailman Users mailing li=
st, I
> have been bombarded by dozens of emails that appear to orinate form maili=
ng
> lists at portal2.com and outblaze.com and are addressed to sardy5@graffit=
i.net
> (not me !! My email appears in "Envelope to").

I=B9m not seeing them. It=B9s likely coincidence =8B post a few headers, includin=
Received, so we can see what=B9s going on.

FWIW, outblaze is an imploding black hole. I=B9m not surprised at all it=B9s
barfing at you =8B it=B9s barfing at everyone, for all of the domains it is
hosting. It=B9s been dying for about 2 months now, since the iname/mail.com
people offloaded it=B9s free domains on it.

--=20
[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> =3D <me@chuqui.com> =3D <chuq@apple.com>]

The Pinball Machine Rule is the observation that it doesn't matter a wit if
the instructions are printed clearly for all to see, nobody will read
them.  They'll just drop their quarter(s) and start pushing buttons
like a Tommy. -- Barry Warsaw

--B_3078139253_532635

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Mailman-Developers] Please Explain !!!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">On 7/16/01 2:30 PM, &quot;Simon Troup&quot; &lt;simon.=
troup@digitalmusicart.com&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT>Can anyone please explain why, a=
laze.com and are addressed to <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>sardy5@graffiti.net</=
U></FONT> (not me !! My email appears in &quot;Envelope to&quot;).<BR>
</TT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT><BR>
I&#8217;m not seeing them. It&#8217;s likely coincidence &#8212; post a few=
 headers, including Received, so we can see what&#8217;s going on.<BR>
<BR>
FWIW, outblaze is an imploding black hole. I&#8217;m not surprised at all i=
t&#8217;s barfing at you &#8212; it&#8217;s barfing at everyone, for all of =
the domains it is hosting. It&#8217;s been dying for about 2 months now, sin=
ce the iname/mail.com people offloaded it&#8217;s free domains on it.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</TT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">-- <BR>
Chuq Von Rospach, Internet Gnome &lt;http://www.chuqui.com&gt;<BR>
[&lt;chuqui@plaidworks.com&gt; =3D &lt;me@chuqui.com&gt; =3D &lt;chuq@apple.com=
&gt;]<BR>
Yes, yes, I've finally finished my home page. Lucky you. <BR>
<BR>
The Pinball Machine Rule is the observation that it doesn't matter a wit if=
<BR>
the instructions are printed clearly for all to see, nobody will read<BR>
them. &nbsp;They'll just drop their quarter(s) and start pushing buttons<BR=

like a Tommy. -- Barry Warsaw<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>