[Mailman-Developers] Please Explain !!!

Simon Troup simon.troup@digitalmusicart.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:30:01 +0100

--MS_Mac_OE_3078167401_392510_MIME_Part

Can anyone please explain why, after joining the Mailman Users mailing list,
I have been bombarded by dozens of emails that appear to orinate form
mailing lists at portal2.com and outblaze.com and are addressed to
sardy5@graffiti.net (not me !! My email appears in "Envelope to").

I also received over 4,000 (yes 4,000) bounced emails telling me that my
(not actually my but sardy5@graffiti.net) subscription to some mailing list
had failed.

This has wasted an entire day for me.

If you know what link there is between Mailman and portal2.com or
outblaze.com please let me know. How could the emails get mixed up like
this?

I have now received mail from the Mailman Developers list addressed to
sardy5@graffiti.net which is why I am posting here. My emails to
outblaze.com have gone unanswered and now I am desperate to stop this
unwanted bombardment of mail.

Is someone collecting email addresses from the Mailman mailing lists ???

Any help greatly appreciated, I only want to receive my own mail, and
getting dozens and dozens of misdirected mail on my sad English 56k
connection is killing my system.

Simon Troup
simon.troup@digitalmusicart.com

--MS_Mac_OE_3078167401_392510_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Please Explain !!!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<TT>Can anyone please explain why, after joining the Mailman Users mailing =
list, I have been bombarded by dozens of emails that appear to orinate form =
mailing lists at portal2.com and outblaze.com and are addressed to <FONT COL=
OR=3D"#0000FF"><U>sardy5@graffiti.net</U></FONT> (not me !! My email appears i=
n &quot;Envelope to&quot;).<BR>
<BR>
I also received over 4,000 (yes 4,000) bounced emails telling me that my (n=
ot actually my but <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>sardy5@graffiti.net</U></FONT>) =
subscription to some mailing list had failed.<BR>
<BR>
This has wasted an entire day for me.<BR>
<BR>
If you know what link there is between Mailman and portal2.com or outblaze.=
com please let me know. How could the emails get mixed up like this?<BR>
<BR>
I have now received mail from the Mailman Developers list addressed to <FON=
T COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>sardy5@graffiti.net</U> </FONT>which is why I am postin=
g here. My emails to outblaze.com have gone unanswered and now I am desperat=
e to stop this unwanted bombardment of mail.<BR>
<BR>
Is someone collecting email addresses from the Mailman mailing lists ???<BR=

<BR>
Any help greatly appreciated, I only want to receive my own mail, and getti=
ng dozens and dozens of misdirected mail on my sad English 56k connection is=
 killing my system.<BR>
<BR>
Simon Troup<BR>
simon.troup@digitalmusicart.com</TT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3078167401_392510_MIME_Part--