[Mailman-Developers] Re: subscription confirmations (was Re: [Mailman-Users] [ANNOUNCE] Mailman 2.1 alpha 2)

Dale Newfield Dale Newfield <Dale@Newfield.org>
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:53:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> What *I* think is that it's a special case, and any such pre-fetch
> system ought to, by default, *not* pre-fetch anything with GET
> parameters in it.
>
> *All* GETs have side effects by definition: you get something
> different depending on what the parameters are.

Right--but they don't necessarily have side effects.  For example, I think
GETs are the right way to do the panes in these pages:
http://www.wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/Chrononauts/lostids/view.html

And there's no reason all of those pages (database entries) shouldn't be
pre-fetchable.

-Dale Newfield
 Dale@Newfield.org