[Mailman-Developers] OpenBSD Trusted Path Execution (TPE) compatibility?

Mats Wichmann mats@laplaza.org
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:15:23 -0600

At 01:53 PM 7/10/2001 -0700, Dan Mick wrote:

 >> > I think it's easy enough to configure it for just about any file
 >> > system layout.
 >>
 >> Aye, not all the *nix world is Linux and the exceptions have little
 >> interest in the FHS.
 >
 >Indeed.  Some of us, in fact, have no idea what y'all are babbling
 >about.  I've heard of LHS and RHS, but FHS....well, the only thing
 >that comes to mind is things I've said while trying to write
 >formal proofs.  :)

The FHS is the Filsystem Heirarchy Standard.
It's an effort to keep Linux administrators sane
by suggesting where things ought to go.

Nobody uses it.

Mats

(yes, I know that's an eggs-ageration, but in
practical terms, worrying about the FHS /now/ is
a pointless exercise since so many folks just
put things wherever they want)