[Mailman-Developers] print >> sys.stderr does not compile

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:41:44 -0500

At 06:29 PM 2/20/01 +0100, Fil wrote:

>Well: I've symlinked /usr/bin/python to /usr/bin/python2, and another error
>pops up : does mailman need some python libraries which are not in
>python2-base ?
>
>miel:~# /home/mailman/bin/newlist
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/mailman/bin/newlist", line 56, in ?
>    from Mailman import MailList
>  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 34, in ?
>    from mimelib.address import getaddresses
>ImportError: No module named mimelib.address

If you're gonna run alpha code, you really need to read the developers list;
Barry pointed out quite clearly early on that you needed Python 2.0,
*and* you needed his mimelib module which wasn't in the mailman
tree yet, and gave the website to get it from.  There's a bunch of
problems with 2.1 right now, and if you've been noticing over the
last few days there's been a flurry of bug reports and patches
(mostly from me, as I slam into them :-)), so it's a little more of a
"hands on" release (not surprising, since it's an alpha.)  In fact,
until the next round of checkins happens, it mostly wont work
at all without the patches I recently posted.