[Mailman-Developers] print >> sys.stderr does not compile

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:43:01 +0100

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 12:22:11PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     TW> It should, probably, but it doesn't work for the scripts in
>     TW> bin/... Not sure why that is. Barry ?

> Because the scripts in bin/ use the "/usr/bin/env python" trick.  You
> need a symlink from "python -> python2" somewhere earlier in your
> $PATH.

But why provide the --with-python configure option if you end up having to
have python in your path after all ? It would make more sense if it allowed
pointing to a working python anywhere. I can think of several situations
where that might be desirable, for security or debugging purposes, and only
one of them is "because I run debian" :-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>