[Mailman-Developers] i18n imports

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:00:37 +0100

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 04:15:45PM -0500, Ron Jarrell wrote:
> Jeez, Barry, that itty-bitty change you made last night to not
> import _ into the namespace by default broke a *lot* of things...

> I was trying to use config_list, and had to edit several modules
> to do a from Mailman.i18n import _...
> Digester.py
> Archiver.py
> GatewayManager.py
> MailList.py

A quick grep through a fresh tree gives me this handy (for Barry and for
those that run pre-alpha Mailmans on production machines :-) list:

+./Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py
+./Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py
+./Mailman/Bouncer.py
+./Mailman/Deliverer.py
+./Mailman/Digester.py
+./Mailman/Errors.py
+./Mailman/GatewayManager.py
+./Mailman/ListAdmin.py
+./Mailman/MailCommandHandler.py
+./Mailman/MailList.py
+./Mailman/htmlformat.py
+./Mailman/Cgi/admin.py
+./Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py
+./Mailman/Cgi/edithtml.py
+./Mailman/Cgi/handle_opts.py
+./Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py
+./Mailman/Cgi/options.py
+./Mailman/Cgi/private.py
+./Mailman/Cgi/roster.py
+./Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py
+./Mailman/Handlers/Acknowledge.py

(That's done using:
find . -type f -print | xargs grep -l '[^_a-zA-Z0-9]_(' > list
find . -type f -print | xargs fgrep -l 'import _' | diff -u - list | fgrep +
and ignoring the .gz files.)

It's probably safe to assume that anything that imports gettext needs to be
modified to import _ explicitly, but I'll let Barry draw that conclusion :-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>