[Mailman-Developers] Big checkins a'comin'!

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:18:21 -0500

At 11:43 PM 2/15/01 -0500, you wrote:
>    RJ> Ok, figuring, what the hell, it couldn't hurt, I copied all
>    RJ> the .txt and .html files from templates into a new
>    RJ> templates/en directory.  This at least got me the forms back
>    RJ> (although listinfo still won't render %(hostname))
>
>Hmm, it works for me, although I haven't done a fresh install yet.

Ok, I ought to be doing this in diffs, but that's the wrong machine/window..
But the solution to this problem is line 76 of listinfo.py.  You're setting
variables called "host_name" in the preceding 4-5 lines, then using
the %(hostname)s construct.  If you change it to %(host_name)s,
gosh it works.

However, given that a quick survey shows it's hostname elsewhere
in the templates, changing the variables, rather than the substitution
string, is probably the correct answer.  In that particular module, however,
it's used as host_name a dozen times...  In my local copy I just did a
global substitute of host_name for hostname, for cross-module consistency
sake...