[Mailman-Developers] Big checkins a'comin'!

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:10:35 -0500

At 11:50 PM 2/15/01 -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>    RJ> Ok, gate_news doesn't work for me right now because python is
>    RJ> invoked -S, so it can't find mimelib to import Parser from.
>    RJ> Should I have dropped another copy of it in Mailman/pythonlib
>    RJ> after installing it?
>
>No, look at the bottom of Defaults.py.  It's suppose to `hack your
>path' by appending your Python's default site-packages directory onto
>the end of sys.path.  This is normally something that "import site"
>does automatically, but the -S flag disables doing the implicit import
>of site (because it slows things down considerably and most of the
>stuff in site you don't need).
>
>Put this before the import of mimelib.Parser in gate_news:
>
>print >> sys.stderr, sys.path

Chuckle.... Ok, now that I know how it's supposed to work, it's obvious why
it doesn't :-).

Move the "from mimelib.Parser import Parser" to *after* the block of code
that loads the Mailman defaults :-).  I.e. don't depend on the hacked path until
after you hacked it...