[Mailman-Developers] Big checkins a'comin'!

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:50:46 -0500

    RJ> Ok, gate_news doesn't work for me right now because python is
    RJ> invoked -S, so it can't find mimelib to import Parser from.
    RJ> Should I have dropped another copy of it in Mailman/pythonlib
    RJ> after installing it?

No, look at the bottom of Defaults.py.  It's suppose to `hack your
path' by appending your Python's default site-packages directory onto
the end of sys.path.  This is normally something that "import site"
does automatically, but the -S flag disables doing the implicit import
of site (because it slows things down considerably and most of the
stuff in site you don't need).

Put this before the import of mimelib.Parser in gate_news:

print >> sys.stderr, sys.path

And look at the last directory on sys.path.  It should be a directory
that contains the mimelib directory.  If not, there's a problem
someplace; either in the distutils install of mimelib, or in the
sys.path hack in Defaults.py.

-Barry