[Mailman-Developers] Big checkins a'comin'!

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:34:21 -0500

    RJ> But should 2.1a1 at least mostly work "out of the box" by just
    RJ> checking out the sources, and doing the usual config make
    RJ> install set?

Probably not.  At the very least you will need to download and install
mimelib:

    http://barry.wooz.org/software/Code/mimelib-0.2.tar.gz

When things get more stable, I'll definitely be bundling mimelib with
Mailman, and hope eventually to get it in the Python standard
library.

Other than that, you really need to consider the current CVS snapshot
an alpha.  The i18n patches are probably not complete, and other
modules may have bugs in them.

    RJ> Because the listinfo display isn't rendering the
    RJ> %(hostname)s construct anymore, it shows up on the web page.
    RJ> Plus, there seems to be a whole buncha templates missing; the
    RJ> admin loging script wants the stuff in the templates/en
    RJ> directory, which doesn't exist on my machine (and wasn't
    RJ> created by the installer)...

Yes, I need to fix the installation procedures for setting up the
multilingual support.  I haven't yet done any fresh installs to see
where things are broken.

I'm really glad you're taking a look though!

-Barry