[Mailman-Developers] Illegal command: mailcmd

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 02:16:46 -0500

    RB> we are experimenting with Mailman 2.1 (we absolutely need the
    RB> Italian version) and we have problems with email confirmation
    RB> of subscriptions.  Here is the kind of message people trying
    RB> to confirm receive in response:

    RB> Does this mean that "mailcmd" should be added to the array
    RB> initializer starting at line 35 in src/mail-wrapper.c, now
    RB> reading

    RB> Or "mailcmd" is indeed an illegal command and the culprit
    RB> is somewhere else?
    RB> Thanks a lot, and keep up the great work.

If you're using the current cvs snapshot, you'll need to regenerate
your aliases using bin/genaliases.  In an effort to make sane the
mapping between list aliases, wrapper programs, and the qrunners their
associated with, mailcmd has been renamed to request.

There have been other changes to the wrapper scripts, e.g. it's now
called `mailman' instead of `wrapper' so as to avoid collisions with
other `M' list management software.  Anybody upgrading from 2.1a3 to
2.1a4 (yeah, yeah, RSN :) will have to also regenerate their aliases.

Should be easy with bin/genaliases, although we'll probably need
updated Exim recipes.

-Barry