[Mailman-Developers] Re: my top 3 wishlist for mailman cvs

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 01:43:14 -0800

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 01:33:48AM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> First, of  all, I'd like to  say that I really  like many of the  changes in
> improvements in mailman  cvs, some of them  will same me a lot  of time with
> not having to deal with confused users anymore :-)
>
> I however, have 3 items left on my wishlist :-)
>
> #1 Very big feature request:
> The main  list admin's cookie should  be valid for all  the lists. Having to
> retype the list password  over and over again as I hop from  list to list is
> very tiring.

I meant the site password.
If I authenticate with the site password, I should get a magic cookie that
lets me in all the lists.

If some lists  happen to share the  same password and somehow  by typing the
list  password on  one, I  can get  on  other ones  if they  share the  same
password, that would be even better, but I don't need that near as bad.

Thanks :-)
Marc