[Mailman-Developers] my top 3 wishlist for mailman cvs

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 01:33:48 -0800

First, of  all, I'd like to  say that I really  like many of the  changes in
improvements in mailman  cvs, some of them  will same me a lot  of time with
not having to deal with confused users anymore :-)

I however, have 3 items left on my wishlist :-)

#1 Very big feature request:
The main  list admin's cookie should  be valid for all  the lists. Having to
retype the list password  over and over again as I hop from  list to list is
very tiring.

Is  there  any way  to  have  mailman  still  understand admin  password  in
crypt/md5 format? It could read them and only generate the new kind.
Resetting 16,000+ list  admin passwords on sourceforge.net is going  to be a
major showstopper  (I know, you  can regenerate all  of them and  Email them
automatically, but still...)

I'd really like to see a nomail  field and a disabled field (one settable by
the user, one set by mailman when it disables a member)

Thanks,
Marc