[Mailman-Developers] ZMailman 2.1 preview

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 00:00:51 -0600

>And it has.  I've tried to clean some of it up through the
>MemberAdaptor interface.  What Mailman needs is an API for the
>list-, vhost-, and site-specific data being slung around.

Yeah, the vhost- and site-specific info was already a problem in ZMailman.
You simply need an object above mailing lists, which I called Mailman
Folder (not the best name I know). There you can save all the specific site
and host information and all the other default values.

>     SR> So they need to be reimplemented again in anyway and I would
>
>Not reimplemented, re-organized!

Okay, if you want to call it like that. BTW, I think the MemberAdaptor is
already a good step, but it still does not clean it up completely yet. I
still saw the members' language setting being saved in a separate attribute
'language' inside the MailList object.... (just to name one) There is a lot
of work to do with the data structure interface... I cross my fingers and
hope I will have enough time to make a class design over break, similar to
the one I started at
http://demo.iuveno-net.de/iuveno/Products/ZMailman/Documentation. Then some
of the real issues will become obvious.

Regards,