[Mailman-Developers] ZMailman 2.1 preview

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 00:47:22 -0500

    SR> This is a good point, however I think the current mailman data
    SR> structure looks like a big hack (I am sorry to say that, but
    SR> you can clearly see that Mailman grew over the last years).

And it has.  I've tried to clean some of it up through the
MemberAdaptor interface.  What Mailman needs is an API for the
list-, vhost-, and site-specific data being slung around.

    SR> So they need to be reimplemented again in anyway and I would

Not reimplemented, re-organized!

But yes, Mailman's current state of disarray is a good example of how
a non-transparent database can be wedged in to a Python application.
ZODB provides a good example of how a transparent, language friendly
solution can make life much easier.

-Barry