[Mailman-Developers] ZMailman 2.1 preview

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 09 Dec 2001 23:35:24 -0600

> > Right, ZMailman is not for people not using Zope. However, it makes the
> > integration of Mailing List functionality into your Web Site so easy, that
> > I thought some of you might be interested.
>
>Ok, good; I'm glad I pegged it.  I'm one of those -- I propose to use
>Zope to build a bunch o'websites that are on my plate; I'll need this
>integration.

Cool, I am glad you can use the product right away for a project.

>Will it integrate directly with UserFolders, so users can do their
>mailing list stuff on their home page?

Yes, there is a proof-of-concept (not working) ZMMUserFolder as part of the
product. But simply by providing the Mailman API in Zope will help you with
this task. But let's take that discussion to the ZMailman list, since it is
inappropriate for this one...

> > Well, try to get into Zope 3.0, which is being built at the moment. It
> > makes use of the latest development and design patterns, so it is good to
> > look at it in anyway, whether you are interested in Zope or not.
>
>Alas all the books are still 2.2/2.4ish.  Any decent non-zoo tutorials?
>(WADR to whomever wrote that particular tutorial track, it stinks.)

Well, Zope 3.0 is in the early stages of development right now. So, it is
not really ready for use yet. ZMailman still uses 2.5.
What do you mean with non-zoo tutorials?

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter