[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Bounce Options

Dale Newfield Dale Newfield <Dale@Newfield.org>
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 01:08:35 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> - For simplicity, let's treat non-fatal bounces (some temporary
>   outage) the same as fatal bounces (user goes away)

Your scheme makes sense--I like the idea that subscribers can wind up "on
probation" (assuming the list admin configures the list that way).  I
understand that this simplifying assumption makes the design much easier
to think through.  As a list admin, though, I'd like to be able to throw a
switch that causes Mailman to completely ignore non-fatal bounces
(Assuming it's possible to distinguish between them, which is maybe the
can of worms you were trying to avoid opening).

-Dale