[Mailman-Developers] Preventing spam to list admins.

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:59:42 -0400

    >> 1) what I promised would be in a 2.1 release; 2) I've been
    >> talking about "MM2.1" for so long now; 3) all the things I've
    >> been pushing off to MM3.0.

    CVR> FWIW, I like the current naming and how you're structuring
    CVR> it. I'd probably, since you're trying to go beta, formalize
    CVR> it by offically denying things that change apis and file
    CVR> formats to the greatest extent possible (i.e., unless it
    CVR> fixes a really nasty bug or security hole) and work at
    CVR> stabilizing 2.1 and get it out the door.

I think the one (possible) looming big change is mimelib.  Guido's
accepted it into the standard library, but it's going to be called the
"email" package.  I'm working on cleaning that up and commiting it to
Py2.2.

I think I've pretty much decided though that for Mailman we'll stick
with mimelib as it stands in its SF project, with perhaps a minor
tweak here and there.  I haven't quite decided how to bundle it with
Mailman (either as a distutils thing the Mailman installation process
installs automatically, or as a subdirectory of Mailman/pythonlib).

I think I won't change Mailman until Python 2.2 is required (don't
expect that soon, given that Python 2.2 is itself not in beta).

That is unless it gets too hard to maintain two sets of the mimelib
code base.

-Barry