[Mailman-Developers] Preferred Feedback Pipeline

Ben Burnett benwa@ocentrix.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:53:37 -0700

Hey Barry,

I'm posting this on the list because I think it would be relevant for
everyone to know.

What is you're preferred pipeline for feedback on Mailman, especially
feedback on testing the development releases?  The reason I ask is that it
seems that there are quite a few different places that could be used.

The sourceforge site.
	bugs, patches, feature requests
	http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/mailman

The discussion lists.
	much and many of everything.
	mailman-users@python.org, mailman-developers@python.org

The wiki.
	requirements, architectural directions, component designs, more
	http://www.zope.org/Members/bwarsaw/MailmanDesignNotes/FrontPage

Did I miss any?

Perhaps you'd prefer a different venue and format for different types of
feedback.  While I don't expect to be able to have 100% of all feedback
redirected perhaps if we put your preferred methods in the FAQ, README, and
the devs.html, bugs.html, and todo.html pages of the Mailman site a good
portion could be redirected.

feature request: sourceforge?
bug report: sourceforge?
patches: sourceforge?
usage questions: mailman-users?
development questions: mailman-developers, wiki?
praise: ?
rant's, demands, whining: /dev/null?
money: ?

Am I making an issue out of a non-issue?

- Ben