[Mailman-Developers] Re: Starting mailmanctl

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 19:07:38 -0400

    OW> IMHO, we'd better let `chkconfig' manage /etc/rc.d dir hier

Daniel Buchmann mentioned chkconfig in private email too.  I must
admit that I've never even heard of chkconfig until now. ;)

I see no reason why we shouldn't support it for systems that use it,
so I'm going to move misc/S98mailman.in to misc/mailman.in and update
the installation instructions accordingly.

I'd love it if you folks could proofread the info once I check it all
in.

    JCL> This is not true for Debian, and other .deb based Linux
    JCL> distributions.  Its also not true for Solaris, HP-UX, AIX,
    JCL> and several other commercial *ixes.

Contributions to support these other *nixes are, of course, welcome!

Thanks,
-Barry