[Mailman-Developers] edit moderated messages?

J C Lawrence claw@2wire.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:17:45 -0700

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:00:16 -0400
Thomas M Parris <parris@isciences.com> wrote:

> 1. admin page moderation I like the idea of a button to bring up
> the entire message in an editable text box.  However, this would
> only work for plan text messages.  It would not work for those
> *@&^#*&! messages with embedded html/rtf markup.

I'd count the fact that such a edit interface would display the raw
MIME contents as an advantage.  Among other things it would make
manual removal and editing of specific MIME parts easy (eg changing
quoted-printable to text/plain, application/octet-stream to
image/jpeg, manual removal of vcards, text/html etc).

> It would also be problematic for messages with attachments (e.g.,
> word processing files, PDF's, and the like).  Adequately
> addressing these two issues would require a lot of development
> work (the equivalent of constructing a full web-based mail
> interface).

You can go a long way down that road if you really want to, which
likely isn't really interesting for Mailman.  But, there's
attractive value to be gained in the first few steps as above which
makes at least small motions interesting.

--
J C Lawrence                                    )\._.,--....,'``.