[Mailman-Developers] edit moderated messages?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:17:54 -0700

On 8/12/01 9:37 PM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@zope.com> wrote:

> For #1, I definitely wouldn't want to bury the disclaimer in an X-
> header, which not all MUAs will display.  Perhaps it's best to stick
> something in the footer or header, or modify the Subject: line.  I'm
> not sure.  A little bit of user testing would be in order.

Not an x-header, definitely. And I think putting it in the subject line is
wrong, also.

I'd suggest simply putting a [message edited by moderator] in line 1 of the
message body.

> For #2, I can see two approaches.  Either support only via-email
> editing, or reorganize the admindb page so that you can limit the
> total number of messages it displays (and thus the size of the page,
> even given some big messages).

Add another button -- "edit", which brings up a page where you can edit that
message, when when you save it, takes you back to the current admindb page.
You'd have to worry about state on other messages (if you have already
clicked discard or approve, you don't want to lose it), but otherwise, it's
pretty straight forward.

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a
message...