[Mailman-Developers] MM2.1 DemoList

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 21:10:53 -0400

    RFK> Maybe the web gui design could be improved a bit more...

No question! :)  But at this point, I'm really only interested in
small improvements, not wholesale redesigns.  One of the things I want
to tackle post-2.1 is adoption of a better templating system so that
/all/ the web pages can essentially be designed in an HTML gui
builder.  This will let you completely customize the pages for your
site, but still allow Mailman to programmatically fill in various
values.  (I'm leaning toward ZPT, but that decision is still a long
way off).

    RFK> would it be an idea to put all the section links on the left
    RFK> side of the screen for example?

The easiest thing to do code wise is to duplicate the section links on
the bottom of the page.  I think I'll do that and leave it at that for
now.

-Barry