[Mailman-Developers] MM2.1 DemoList

Ricardo F. Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 23:06:12 +0200

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:47:57 -0400 (EDT)
Dale Newfield <Dale@Newfield.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Ricardo F. Kustner wrote:
> > would it be an idea to put all the section links on the left side of
> > the screen for example? this would save some of the space you loose on
> > the top of the page.... just a thought...
> Or just replicate the section links at the bottom of the page, so when
> you
> go to a page, scroll through it and not find the item you're looking
> for,
> you don't have to scroll all the way back to the top to go to another
> section?

That would be an interesting option as well... but in that case I think
the links at the bottom should be abbriviated and put on to 1 or 2 lines:

[General Options] * [Membershipmanagement] * [Privacy Options] ... etc
[Pending Requests] * [General List Information Page] ... etc

hmmm this makes me wonder that maybe one problem with the interface could
be that it gives too much information... though this makes it for
firsttime users easier to understand the options, it doesn't make it
easier to actually find something you're looking for...

any GUI experts in here? :)

Regards,

Ricardo